Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Aeroplane

I compare it to an old WWII-era prop plane. I've seemingly been making a grand ascent in this plane, climbing and reaching upwards in life with all the power I have at my disposal. Truthfully, it's been a fallacy. The ascent has been in my head and I've really been flying in circles. There are things I want, things I must do, and I've convinced myself I've been doing what it takes to make them happen. Honestly, it's been a flight training simulation all along.
See, now that I realize this, however, I can clearly see that I've stalled at the peak of ascent. As I slow to a stop midair mentally, physically and spiritually, I am frozen. There is peace, there is understanding, if only briefly. Then comes the glorious dive; the much awaited rapid movement in an entirely different direction. This dive, however, is a controlled dive. It's purposeful, and as you no longer wish to fly in circles going nowhere, you can now go anywhere you'd like. You don't spiral out-of-control into the ground, but instead keep your nose up and gun it into the open skies!
No more simulations, this is the real deal, and you must take flight!

No comments: