Thursday, May 28, 2009

Getting Down to Business

Alright ladies and gentlemen, I have been doing a lot of thinking and planning lately and have decided to completely rearrange my plans to match with my goals. What do I mean, you ask? Well, have a seat and I'll explain everything.
Obviously, I haven't written anything for a while this month. That is because I have been remarkably busy between finishing school, going to work and mostly because I have been building the e-Commerce business on the side. Quite frankly, it's been paying off. This brings me to the next point on the list: I am staying here next semester. London will have to wait for now. And it will, as far as I know it's not going anywhere. I gave it a lot of thought and sought counsel from many respected people in my life, and have come to the conclusion that this coming semester would not be the best to leave behind. Realistically, the e-Commerce industry is exploding right now and is going the economic phase we call critical mass. Once any technology or innovative process hits 10% market penetration (10% population is using it and finally everyone starts asking "Now how does this work?"), it goes through critical mass and forms an S-curve, where it goes up, explodes and then levels out.
Having this in mind, seeing how well my business is growing, and knowing that all the business I create from here til the end of summer when I would be leaving would mostly die down in my absence, I have come up with another plan to make things work best for me! By staying and working this business solid all the time I would be away, I'll be right on target to even be able to go to London for two weeks of pure vacation time by winter break! I would be able to quit my job by September, having replaced and exceeded my present monthly income. It's the practice of delayed gratification. I still can not wait to go to Europe. I can't wait to go anywhere really! The streets of Egypt, the mountains in Nepal, the adventure in Brazil, the canals of Italy. It's all going to be so good. SO good! You may say "possibly...", I will say "watch". Progress I make will be so enjoyable I will not be able to help from recording it, so stay tuned. I will quite possibly take a trip to San Diego soon, so keep reading!

No comments: