Thursday, March 5, 2009

London... LONDON!!


The above title is what I sometimes yell to people (and even shake them given the nature of our relationship) as I continue to come to the realization that I'm going to London next semester for school! I just mailed in most of the documentation needed to get into the program, and all that is left are some fees and a couple other things soon to be covered. I'll be studying at the University of London, right in the city. I have wanted to take part in an opportunity like this for the longest time. Whether it be through education or my own way, to travel to another country for an extended amount of time and gain that experience for what it is... it's just great. I do realize it is the UK, and while it's not an incredibly different culture with a language barrier, entirely different customs etc., it is something else. Something else.
It's interesting realizing it's finally my turn. In all this time, I've seen so many people handed everything and taking opportunities like this for granted. I do realize that some earn it, and others do not take it for granted at all. But it just seems like an outstanding majority follow a poorly constructed way of thinking. I suppose this is for another time, but for now I am happy about this opportunity. I will be making $4,000/mo by summer, and continue making that even while I'm gone. When I come back, I'll be good to buy a street bike and live wherever to go to school. It's between two right now, but I have a feeling I know which one I'll end up at. Having my own nice apartment, a bike and the freedom to go places sounds like a plan to me.

No comments: